Welcome to the Visa Service of the Embassy of India, Khartoum. Applications for Visa can be made at the Visa and Consular Section of this Embassy, which is open from 0830 hours to 1100 hours on all working days. Passports, after completion of the service requested, can be collected from 1500 and 1600 hours on the date indicated. Fees for visa service are accepted at the Embassy in cash in SDG. As far as possible, exact amount may be tendered at the payment counter. For any clarification or further information, please call or e-mail as per information in Contact us.
Embassy of India, Khartoum has implemented biometrics w.e.f. 01 st October, 2019 for all visa seekers to India. In view of this, all the visa applicants are required to come personally to the Embassy counter for biometric data capture. However, following applicants are exempted from personal appearances:
i. Diplomatic/official Passport holders only on reciprocity basis
ii. Applicants below the age of twelve years and above the age of seventy years
iii. Medically ill applicants who are unable to come physically
iv. Those whose biometric data has been recorded during earlier visit
Online Visa System
All Individual visa seekers are requested to apply for the Indian Visa through online application link ()or can apply by typing the URL: http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ (The Embassy never asks for online payment) in the address bar of web browser, in order to make an application for getting the Indian visa. A print out of application form completed in all respect should be submitted at the Embassy of India, Khartoum, in person on the scheduled date along with the required documents as mentioned under the required document section of this Embassy website.
1. Online India Visa Application allows the Applicant to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the online visa application. It is advised that 15-20 kb and 2 inch x 2 inch size of Photo is ideal for upload. Application without photo upload is incomplete and shall not be accepted. Guidelines/procedure to upload a digital photograph. The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
1)= Minimum 10 KB
2)= Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
1)= The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
2)= The maximum dimensions are 1000 pixels (width) x 1000 pixels (height).
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the background
- Without borders
Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
2. Application shall be accepted only on schedule date as written on the right side of printed online application form.
3. Online visa system does not accept application with any mistake (substantial or spelling). Please do not insist acceptance of such application. Therefore, kindly re-check and insure that there is no mistake in online application form before approaching to the Embassy on scheduled date. Please also note that the Embassy will not be responsible for the rejection of the visa application due to any wrong information supplied by the applicant.
4. Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms. All entries must be same as your passport detail. Applicants are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application. They have an option to save the online application form, in case it is not to be submitted.
5. Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, further modifications are not allowed. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form. Applicants are requested to keep the File Number (generated automatically after the submission of online form) for further communications.
Instructions for Foreigners Coming To India:
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport or UN Laissez Faire with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. All foreigners traveling to India should strictly abide by the local laws. Foreign Nationals desirous of getting Indian Visa are required to possess valid passport of their country with minimum validity of 6 months. Each visa application is considered on its merits and the Embassy may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing of the application. Submission of application along with prescribed fee does not guarantee issuance of visa.
Foreign nationals should ensure that they are in possession of valid Indian Visa before they start their journey to India except nationals of Nepal and Bhutan, nationals of Maldives who do not require visa for entry into India for a period up to 90 days and those countries listed in visa on arrival.
Tourist Visa on Arrival- Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
1. International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity.
3. International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
6. For details: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
A separate Visa regime exists for diplomatic/official passport holders. For please visit and see Annexure III......http://passportindia.gov.in/)
Health regulations: Any person coming from a yellow fever endemic country as indicated from time to time by the World Health Organization must carry a certificate of vaccination against yellow fever to be produced when asked by the immigration officials in India. For details: http://boi.gov.in/content/health-regulation
Surrogacy: Any foreign national traveling to India for the purpose of surrogacy should travel only on medical visa, with appropriate endorsement.
Satellite phone: All the Applicants are advised/ requested not to use /carry Thuraya and other such Satellite Phones in India. Prior permission of the Government of India is required to bring in a satellite phone to India.
Immigration check is done for all passengers, Indians or foreigners, both at the time of arrival and departure. The passports are duly stamped at arrival as well as departure. Passengers should be careful to see that their passports are duly stamped before leaving the immigration counter. All passengers, Foreigners as well as Indians, coming to India or departing from India are required to fill-up D (Disembarkation) Card and E (Embarkation) Cards on arrival and departure respectively. The following information is required to be provided by the passengers in these cards:-
- Name and Sex
- Date of birth, Place of Birth, Nationality
- Passport details viz. number, place and dates of issue/expiry.
- Visa details viz. number, place and dates of issue/expiry (for arriving foreigners only)
- Addresses in India
- Flight number and date of arrival/departure
- Purpose of visit to/from India
Restricted / Protected Area: Prior approval of the competent authority is necessary to visit such area. For details: http://boi.gov.in/content/restricted-protected-area