Celebration of 73rd Republic Day of India - Reception hosted by the Ambassador of India
As a part of the celebrating 73rd Republic Day and “AzadikaAmritMahotsav", H.E. Ambassador Mr. B.S. Mubarak hosted a Reception in the evening of the 26th January 2022 at Hotel Al Salam, Khartoum.
2. The event was inaugurated by lighting of an auspicious lamp by Chief Guest H.E. Dr. Hythem Mohamed Ibrahim Awad Allah, Hon'ble Acting Minister of Health, Government of Republic of the Sudan accompanied by H.E. Mrs. SuadAltayeb, Hon’ble Minister of Labour, H.E. Amb. Al Zain al Sadiq al Zain, Head of Asia Division at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, H.E. Lt. Gen. IssameldinSaeid Koko Abdalrrahman, Commander of Air Force, H.E. Rear Admiral MahgoubBushra Ahmed Rahama, Commander of the Sudanese Navy, Ambassador of India, Mr. B.S. Mubarak, and his spouse Mrs. Lathifa Mubarak.
3. The event was very well attended by about 300 guests including many Sudanese government dignitaries, members of the diplomatic corps and international organisations, dignitaries from Sudanese society, friends of India and members of Indian community.
4. In his welcome remarks, Ambassador B.S. Mubarak highlighted the strong partnership India and Sudan share and appreciated the role played by Sudanese nationals graduated from India in strengthening the India-Sudan friendship.
5. The Chief Guest in his remarks thanked India for its continuous support and solidarity with Sudan. He mentioned that India was and would continue to be part and parcel of the development story of Sudan. He mentioned that India stood with Sudan by offering humanitarian assistance during the including flooding, supply of emergency medicine during Covid-19 and food aid during the pandemic. He also thanked India to offering assistance under Quick Impact Projects, an initiative of the Government of India. The Chief Guest recalled visit of Hon’ble Minister of State for External Affairs, Mr. V. Muraleedharan in October 2021 and pointed out that the contact and consultation between the official of the two countries on the highest level is continuing.
6. Cultural performances were also performed by members of Indian community during the event which included Dandiya, Odishi and Thumri dance forms.