Embassy of India, Khartoum in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Export Organization (FIEO), India, and the Union of Chambers of Commerce, Sudan organized a two-day business event and Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings on 15 & 16 November 2022 at the premises of the Union Chamber of Commerce. 14 Indian companies were part of the delegation headed by FIEO. The B2B meetings were held to facilitate interaction and tie-ups with Sudanese companies with the visiting 14-member multi-sectorial Indian business delegation led by Mr. Manish Sharma, Regional Head, FIEO (North Region), to Sudan.
2. Inaugural Ceremony for the B2B meetings was organized on 15 November and was graced by the presence of H.E. Mrs Amal Salih Saad Mohamed, Federal Minister of Trade & Supply, Sudan as the Chief Guest; Dr Hassabo, President of National Chamber of Importers, Khartoum, Sudan; HE Mr. B S Mubarak, Ambassador of India; and Mr. Manish Sharma, Regional Head, FIEO (NR).
3. H.E. Mrs. Amal Salih Saad Mohamed, Federal Minister of Trade and Supply welcomed the delegation and highlighted the significance of Indian trade and investment in strengthening Sudan’s economy. She lauded India’s role as a major strategic business partner of Sudan. Ambassador in his remarks highlighted India – Sudan trade relationship, challenges, and opportunities. He also mentioned that there is enormous scope for further improving the bilateral trade and the Embassy is making all efforts to tap and develop the trade and investment potential between both countries.
4. In two days of the B2B meetings, more than 500 Sudanese members of the business community interacted with the representatives of the visiting Indian companies.
5. The delegation also paid a familiarization visit to the 3rd session of the Sudan Agrotech Expo, which was being organized from 14-17 November 2022 at Sudanese Fairs Ground, Khartoum.
6. On 16 November, the Embassy organized a ‘Networking Meet with the Visiting Indian Business Delegation’ for discussions on promoting business partnerships, at Hotel Kanon. Prominent Sudanese businessmen from various sectors, business facilitators, representatives from the government, and representatives of various Sudanese trade bodies attended the event. Mr. Badurddin Abdul Maroof, Secretary General of the Union of Chambers of Commerce, and Mr. Murtada Mehdi, Business facilitator and Agro machinery importer added their remarks on business potential in Khartoum. Ambassador in his remarks congratulated the business delegation on their tie-ups with Sudanese companies after successful B2B meetings and also assured Embassy’s support to the participating Indian and Sudanese business communities to explore trade opportunities and identify business partners