Interaction with Sudanese and Indian Businessmen (18 February 2022)
As part of celebration of 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' and to promote bilateral trade between India and Sudan, the India in Sudan (Embassy of India, Khartoum) organized an event ‘Interaction with Sudanese and Indian Businessmen’ on 18 February 2022. Prominent Sudanese businessmen as well as Indian businessmen, representatives from Sudanese Ministries of Trade, Investment, Sudanese Businessmen and Employers federation, Union of Chambers of Commerce and Federation of Sudanese Industrial chambers participated at the event.
2. Ambassador Mr. B.S. Mubarak made two presentations on ‘Business Opportunities in India’ and ‘India-Sudan Bilateral Trade Relations’. In his welcome remarks, he expressed India’s readiness to cooperate with Sudan, inter alia, in the fields of agriculture, infrastructure, technology and services.
3. In his remarks, Mr. Mutassim Makkawi, Director General of International Relations from Sudanese Ministry of Commerce called for the strengthening of commercial relations between the two countries and stressed the importance of benefiting from India's rich experience and development in all major economic fields.
4. Mr. Muhammad Siddiq, President of the Sudanese Federation of Chambers of Commerce mentioned that India and Sudan have a long history of cordial relations, bilateral cooperation and people to people ties and there is scope for strengthening trade between the two countries.
5. Mr. Mubarak Al-Fadil, former Minister of Investment and Industry, stressed the need for Sudan to benefit from India at the technical and industrial fields, and called for strengthening of bilateral relations between the two countries.
6. In his remarks, Mr. Abdullah Abdul-Marouf, Executive Director of Giad Industrial Group, one of the prominent business groups in Sudan, stated that their group has cooperation with Indian companies in various fields, including industry, transport and manufacturing sectors. He announced that soon they would launch a Rickshaw Manufacturing Plant in Sudan with the help of an Indian company.
7. The event concluded with cultural performance by Sudanese Cultural Folk Troupe showcasing Sudanese tribal culture in dance form. The troupe would participate at the upcoming Surajkund International Crafts Mela to be held in Haryana from 20 March to 04 April 2022.